The ADF4371 from Analog Devices is a Microwave Wideband Synthesizer with Integrated VCO. Most frequently used in the aerospace and defense field, the ADF4371 has an integrated VCO with a fundamental output frequency ranging from 4000 MHz to 8000 MHz.
The ADF4371 allows implementation of fractional-N or Integer N phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizers when used with an external loop filter and an external reference frequency. The wideband microwave voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) design allows frequencies from 62.5 MHz to 32 GHz to be generated.
Additional Product Features Include:
- RF output frequency range: 62.5 MHz to 32,000 MHz
- Fractional-N synthesizer and Integer N synthesizer
- High resolution 39-bit fractional modulus
- Typical spurious PFD: −90 dBc
- Integrated rms jitter: 38 fs (1 kHz to 100 MHz)
- Normalized phase noise floor: −234 dBc/Hz
- PFD operation to 250 MHz
- Reference frequency operation to 600 MHz
- Programmable divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 output
- 62.5 MHz to 8,000 MHz output at RF8x and RFAUX8x
- 8,000 MHz to 16,000 MHz output at RF16x
- 16,000 MHz to 32,000 MHz output at RF32x
- Lock time approximately 3 ms with automatic calibration
- Lock time <30 μs with autocalibration bypassed
- Analog and digital power supplies: 3.3 V
- VCO power supply: 3.3 V and 5 V
- RF output mute function
- 7mm × 7mm, 48-terminal LGA package
For more information on this product, download the available datasheet.