The ADMV4928 is a silicon on insulator (SOI), 37.0 GHz to 43.5 GHz, mmW 5G beamformer. The RF integrated circuit (RFIC) is highly integrated and contains 16 independent transmit and receive channels. The ADMV4928 supports eight horizontal and eight vertical polarized antennas via independent RFV and RFH input/outputs.
The ADMV4928 comes in a compact, 239-ball, 10 mm × 7 mm chip scale package ball grid array (CSP_BGA). The ADMV4928 operates over the −40°C to +95°C case temperature (TC) range. This CSP_BGA package enables the ability to heatsink the ADMV4928 from the topside of the package for the most efficient thermal heatsinking and to allow flexible antenna placement on the opposite side of the printed circuit board (PCB).
Additional Product Features Include:
- RF range: 37.0 GHz to 43.5 GHz
- 16 configurable transmit and receive channels
- Dual polarization, 8 horizontal and 8 vertical channels
- Fast TDD switching time using TRX_x pins
- Matched to 50 Ω, single-ended RF inputs and outputs
- Single transmitter channel power detector and temperature sensor
- Integrated individual receive channel overload detection circuit
- High resolution, 6-bit VM for phase control
For more information on this product, download the available datasheet.