The ADF4401A is a fully integrated, system in package (SiP) translation loop (also known as an offset loop) module that includes a voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) and calibration phase-locked loop (PLL) circuit.
Designed for highly jitter sensitive applications, this solution reduces board space and complexity compared to traditional discrete translation loop solutions designed on a printed circuit board (PCB). The time to market is significantly reduced by taking advantage of this highly integrated solution with in package circuitry and enhanced isolation that attenuates spurious components. The ADF4401A provides a frequency synthesis solution for engineers designing highly competitive systems.
Additional Product Features Include:
- Programmable divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 output
- 3.3 V analog, digital, and mixer power supplies
- 5 V amplifier and VCO power supply
- RF output mute function
- 18.00 mm × 18.00 mm, 80-terminal LGA_CAV
- Supported in the ADIsimPLL design tool
- RF output frequency range: 62.5 MHz to 8000 MHz
- 9 fs rms jitter at 8 GHz output
- 17 dBm IF output power at 6 GHz RF output
- 90 dBc LO_IN to RF output
- 90 dBc spurious-free dynamic range
- Low phase noise, voltage controlled oscillator
For more product information, download the available datasheet.