AR’s 1000A400 is a solid state amplifier covering the 10 kHz to 400 MHz frequency range. When used with a sweep generator, it provides a minimum of 1000 watts of RF power. Like most of AR’s amplifiers, this model is ideal for applications that call for instantaneous bandwidth and high gain.
A front panel digital display indicates operational status and fault conditions when over-temperature or power supply faults have occurred. The amplifier is protected from RF input overdrive by an RF input leveling circuit that controls the input level to the amplifier’s first stage when increased above 0 dBm. This amplifier has been designed for a benchtop, but it can be removed from its cabinet for equipment rack mounting.
1000A400 Specifications include:
- Rated Power Output: 1000 watts minimum (10 kHz – 400 MHz)
- Power Output @ 3 dB Compression
- Typical: 1200 watts
- Minimum: 1000 watts
- Power Output @ 1dB compression
- Typical: 1000 watts
- Minimum: 800 watts
- GAIN (at maximum setting): 60 dB minimum
- Input Impedance: 50 ohms, VSWR 2.0:1 maximum
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms, nominal
For additional information on the 1000A400 solid-state amplifier’s features and specifications, download the datasheet.