The AD8302 is a fully integrated system for measuring gain/loss and phase in numerous receive, transmit, and instrumentation applications. It requires few external components and a single supply of 2.7 V–5.5 V.
The ac-coupled input signals can range from –60 dBm to 0 dBm in a 50 Ω system, from low frequencies up to 2.7 GHz. The outputs provide an accurate measurement of either gain or loss over a ±30 dB range scaled to 30 mV/dB, and of phase over a 0°–180° range scaled to 10 mV/degree. Both subsystems have an output bandwidth of 30 MHz, which may optionally be reduced by the addition of external filter capacitors. The AD8302 can be used in controller mode to force the gain and phase of a signal chain toward predetermined setpoints.
Additional Product Features Include:
- Measures Gain/Loss and Phase up to 2.7 GHz
- Dual Demodulating Log Amps and Phase Detector
- Input Range –60 dBm to 0 dBm in a 50 Ω System
- Accurate Gain Measurement Scaling (30 mV/dB)
- Typical Nonlinearity < 0.5 dB
- Accurate Phase Measurement Scaling (10 mV/Degree)
- Typical Nonlinearity < 1 Degree
- Measurement/Controller/Level Comparator Modes
- Operates from Supply Voltages of 2.7 V–5.5 V
- Stable 1.8 V Reference Voltage Output
- Small Signal Envelope Bandwidth from DC to 30 MHz
For more information on this product, download the available datasheet.