Fibocom, a leading global provider of IoT (Internet of Things) wireless solution and wireless communication modules, announces the release of the new Wi-Fi 6 wireless module, W600, to deliver truly enhanced wireless throughput, latency, connection density, coverage and availability for all IoT scenarios by converging with Fibocom 5G module FG150. Fibocom W600 Wi-Fi 6 module is based on Qualcomm QCA6391 platform, complies with IEEE standard 802.11.a/b/g/n/ac/ax, integrates with WLAN/BT processor, and supports data communication between Fibocom FG150 5G module through PCIe interface.
Fibocom W600 Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Module
Wi-Fi 6, also known as 802.11.ax, builds on the technology legacies of earlier Wi-Fi generations to maintain compatibility with older wireless devices at 2.4 GHz. Simultaneously, it provides increased capacity and enhanced data rates within the 5-GHz channels of newer Wi-Fi generations. Whether its called IEEE 802.11 or Wi-Fi, wireless networks have become an increasingly important part of many lives worldwide, whether in fixed environments such as homes or factories or in large public domains like convention centers, museums, or even in a sporting stadium. Demand for increased capacity and throughput speeds grows as users add more wireless devices to each network and expect faster response times as they download large files or even stream their favorite video programming.
Key Features of Wi-Fi 6
- High Speed: Wi-Fi 6 transmits beamforming to support higher data rates within a given range, thereby providing greater network capacity. The highest theoretical rate reaches 9.6Gbps.
- Low latency: Wi-Fi 6 supports OFDMA technology, which can effectively share channels for both uplink and downlink to improve network efficiency and reduce latency.
- High Capacity: Wi-Fi 6 supports MU-MIMO, allowing more downlink data to be transmitted at a time, allowing the access point to transmit data to more devices at the same time.
- Low Power Consumption: Wi-Fi 6 supports TWT (Target Wake Time), which significantly extends the battery life of Wi-Fi devices, such as IoT terminal devices.
IoT Devices Enabled by Fibocom Wi-Fi 6 and 5G Converged Solution
The Fibocom W600 and FG150 Wi-Fi 6 plus 5G Converged IoT Wireless Solution
- Indoor/Outdoor CPE: The deployment of 5G base stations has not been fully rolled out yet, and the coverage of the 5G network in private areas is not very good. Outdoor CPE embedded with Wi-Fi 6 +5G modules can enhance network signals and achieves good coverage indoor. Indoor CPE, embedded with Wi-Fi 6 module, can meet access of more terminals, and guarantee each terminal's high-speed and low-latency experience, For example, in case of indoor cloud game, the Wi-Fi 6 enabled FWA devices can meet the indoor multi-screen interactive requirements of ultra-high definition broadband videos.
- OTT Box: OTT box embedded with Wi-Fi 6 and 5G converged solution can provide enhanced wireless performance to meet the requirements of 4K/8K streaming video in the 5G era.
- 5G DTU: DTU embedded with Wi-Fi 6 and 5G converged solution can meet the real-time data transmission requirements in the smart factory scenarios, such as 5G AGV/IGV, 4K/8K video surveillance, flexible production, and predictive maintenance.
Application Scenarios of Fibocom W600 and FG150 Module Currently, Fibocom W600 Wi-Fi module is in the stage of engineering sample and will be ready for mass production in September this year.
Founded in 1999, Fibocom is a leading global provider of IoT (Internet of Things) wireless solution and wireless communication modules. We are committed to bringing reliable, accessible, secure, and intelligent wireless solutions to every IoT application scenario for the increasingly digitalized industries and enriched smart life of the whole society. In 2017, Fibocom become the first stock-listed (Stock Code: 300638) wireless module provider in China.
We provide technically advanced and high-performance 5G, 4G, NB-IoT/eMTC, 3G, and 2G, smart, auto-grade, GNSS, Wi-Fi/BT wireless modules. By technically embedding Fibocom’s wireless solutions into IoT devices that will become smart and remotely manageable with stable data transmission between devices and operation center, we empower the intelligent future of all industries that mainly include smart retail, ACPC (Always Connected PC), industry 4.0, smart grid, smart homes, smart agriculture, smart cities, telemedicine, metering, smart security surveillance, and the intelligently connected cars, etc. We have many long-term industry customers including Fortune Global 500 enterprises, which is an important driven power of our fast development.
Fibocom is headquartered in Shenzhen, China. We have R&D centers in both Shenzhen and Xi'an, and subsidiaries in the U.S., Germany, India, Taipei and Hong Kong as regional operation centers. We have more than 1000 global employees, and provide products and services in more than 100 countries and regions.