RF Micro Devices to Showcase EDGE, WCDMA Solutions At 3GSM World Congress
Cannes, France -- 3GSM World Congress -- RFMD (RFMD) today announced that it will showcase its latest EDGE and WCDMA solutions at 3GSM World Congress in Cannes, February 14-17, 2005, in Hall 2 booth #E32. RFMD will feature its GSM/GPRS, EDGE, and WCDMA power amplifier (PA) solutions as well as the company's EDGE transceiver solutions.
"RF Micro Devices will showcase its industry-leading portfolio of highly integrated RF components and system solutions at 3GSM World Congress in Cannes," Jerry Neal, executive VP of marketing and strategic development, RF Micro Devices, said. "RFMD is the world's leading supplier of EDGE and WCDMA power amplifier modules, and our products are selected by the industry's leading wireless manufacturers to simplify their design process and accelerate the time to market of their next-generation, feature-rich wireless devices. Handset manufacturers are increasingly selecting our EDGE and WCDMA solutions as network operators worldwide roll out next-generation services."
RFMD will feature wireless handsets and other multimedia wireless devices featuring the Company's industry-leading solutions from customers such as Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, NEC, Toshiba, Panasonic, Acer, FIC, and Nintendo.
RFMD's solutions showcased at 3GSM World Congress include:
- Cellular products including RFMD's POLARIS TOTAL RADIO transceiver solutions for GPRS and EDGE, which feature the Company's innovative direct digital polar modulation architecture.
- PA products including PowerStar PA and transmit modules supporting GSM/GPRS, linear EDGE, and large signal polar modulation EDGE, as well as high-power, high-efficiency linear PAs for UMTS and WCDMA applications covering all 3G requirements.
- Highly integrated UltimateBlue Bluetooth System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solutions for both GSM/GPRS and CDMA handsets, headsets, and other peripheral wireless applications.
- Wireless local area network (WLAN) solutions, including WLAN PAs for 802.11a/b/g and pre-802.11n applications and front-end modules for 802.11g applications.
- Driver amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, and direct modulators for wireless base stations and WLAN infrastructure applications.
Source: RF Micro Devices