BittWare, a Molex company, the leading supplier of enterprise-class products featuring FPGA technology, today announces the RFX-8440 data acquisition card featuring the Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC (Radio Frequency System-on-Chip), from Xilinx, Inc. This innovative PCIe card leverages the unique capabilities of the gen-3 version of the Xilinx RFSoC to address the entire sub-6 gigahertz (GHz) spectrum, which is a critical need for applications such as 5G, LTE wireless, phased array RADAR and satellite communications. Interested customers are encouraged to apply now to join the early access program.
“Sensor processing has been one of our core markets for over three decades,” said Craig Petrie, vice president marketing at BittWare. “FPGAs have been extensively used in embedded applications for real-time data acquisition, filtering and signal processing. The RFX-8440 is a passively-cooled ¾ length PCIe card with single and double-width cooling options. It leverages the unique capabilities of the Xilinx RFSoC device and presents them to our customers as a feature-rich, enterprise-class card-level product that can be readily deployed in server and edge platforms.”
“The Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC integrates RF-sampling ADCs and DACs, programable logic, and a multi-core ARM processor-based subsystem, creating a multi-channel data conversion and processing solution on a single chip,” said David Brubaker, senior product line manager, Wired and Wireless Group, Xilinx. "Now with complete coverage of sub-6GHz spectrum bands available as a readily-deployable PCIe card from BittWare, customers are able to gain a competitive advantage by accelerating the design and development of their next-gen wireless systems today."
Complementing the RFSoC's on-chip resources, the BittWare RFX-8440 data acquisition card adds:
- Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZU43DR device.
- Analog front-end optimized for L Band, variants available
- Variable gain-controlled RF inputs and outputs:
- Four -80dBm → 0dBm 14-bit 5GSPS ADCs.
- Four -40dBm → 0dBm 14-bit 10GSPS DACs.
- Sophisticated clock management and control circuitry for single and multi-card synchronization.
- 16GB DDR4 memory for the ARM processor subsystem.
- 8GB DDR4 memory for the FPGA programmable logic.
- x8 OCuLink expansion port for additional PCIe, storage or network I/O.
- GPIO digital I/O header for specialized application interfacing e.g. proprietary or legacy.
- Support for MathWorks tools.
- Ability to operate stand-alone without the need for a Host platform.
- Available to purchase as a BittWare TeraBox pre-integrated server platform.
Please visit www.BittWare.com/RFX-8440 to browse our product portfolio in detail and apply to join the early access program. First customer shipments are scheduled to start March 2021.
BittWare, a Molex company, provides Enterprise-class compute, network, storage and sensor processing accelerator products featuring Achronix, Intel and Xilinx FPGA technology. These programable products dramatically increase application performance and energy-efficiency while reducing total cost of ownership. BittWare, with 30 years experience developing FPGA accelerators, is able to address Enterprise-class qualification, validation, lifecycle and support requirements for customers deploying FPGA accelerators in high volumes.