Silicon Labs To Unveil Ultra-Low-Energy Solutions For The Internet Of Things At Embedded World
AUSTIN, TEXAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB), a leader in high-performance, analog-intensive, mixed-signal ICs, will showcase an array of semiconductor, software and systems solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT) at Embedded World 2014 in Nuremburg, Germany, Feb. 25 – 27 at Booth 4A-118. Targeting connected device applications for the IoT, the mixed-signal technology leader will demonstrate its latest energy-friendly ARM® based microcontrollers (MCUs), ZigBee® and sub-GHz wireless connectivity solutions, high-accuracy sensors and its next-generation embedded development platform.
“The embedded industry recognizes that 2014 will be the year of the Internet of Things,” said Geir Førre, senior vice president and general manager of Silicon Labs’ microcontroller products. “The next wave of connected devices will require energy-friendly MCUs that extend battery life to months and years, wireless solutions for both mesh networking and point-to-point connectivity, and a profusion of low-cost, highly accurate sensors that deliver invaluable data to help make our lives easier, safer, healthier and more enjoyable. These silicon solutions exist today, and Silicon Labs is eager to share them with developers at Embedded World.”
Silicon Labs’ demonstrations will highlight the energy efficiency and performance of its flagship embedded products, as well as the ease of use of its energy-aware development tools:
- The Internet of Things at your doorstep: Discover how EFM32™ Zero Gecko MCUs – the world’s lowest energy 32-bit MCUs – can be combined with small-footprint, accurate and easy-to-use sensors to create innovative smart home, smart energy and security applications for the IoT that can sense temperature, relative humidity, ambient light, intrusion and gestures, all within the extreme power constraints required for long battery life.
- Embedded development has never been simpler: The Simplicity Studio™ development platform provides a unified, comprehensive ecosystem and portal for developers using Silicon Labs’ 32-bit EFM32 Gecko MCUs and 8-bit MCUs. Simplify your design effort with Simplicity Studio’s IDE, hardware configurator, build tools and real-time power analyzer, supported by one-click access to demos, software examples, data sheets, application notes, technical support and community forums.
- The world’s most energy-friendly MCUs: Discover the right energy-saving EFM32 Gecko MCU solution for your next embedded application. Silicon Labs’ 32-bit portfolio includes more than 240 orderable EFM32 Gecko products based on ARM® Cortex®-M0+, M3 and floating-point-enabled M4 processors. No other MCU vendor can match the energy efficiency of Gecko MCUs for battery-powered IoT and wearable computing applications.
- Ember® ZigBee® solutions for the IoT: Connect with the leading ZigBee platform for 2.4 GHz wireless sensor networks. The combination of Silicon Labs’ Ember ZigBee wireless SoCs, EmberZNet PRO mesh networking protocol stack and powerful development tools enables developers to create IoT applications that interconnect hundreds and even thousands of devices in a single mesh network.
- Power-efficient wireless MCUs for the IoT: Si106x/8x s wireless MCUs provide an energy-friendly, single-chip “MCU + transceiver” solution to address the power and space constraints of battery-operated, wirelessly connected devices. Our wireless MCUs offer a choice of cost-effective EZRadio® and high-performance EZRadioPRO® transceiver options. The smallest sub-GHz wireless MCUs available, these 5 mm x 6 mm QFN devices offer best-in-class RF sensitivity and output power.
- Plug-and-play wireless receiver solution: Silicon Labs’ Si4356 EZRadio receiver provides an easy-to-use sub-GHz wireless solution for remote controls, RKE, sensor networks, security and smart homes. The Si4356 receiver combines ultra-low power (50 nA standby current) with excellent sensitivity to enable superior battery life. This small-footprint (3 mm x 3 mm) standalone receiver is easy to configure and comes with tested, ready-to-use antennas.
Continuing its tradition of showcasing development tools at Embedded World, Silicon Labs will have EFM32 Zero Gecko MCU starter kits and sensor boards available to give away to qualified developers visiting Booth 4A-118.
Silicon Labs experts will also give the following presentations at Embedded World:
- “Energy Harvesting Solutions for the IoT and Remote Wireless Sensors,” Tuesday, Feb. 25, 11:00 - 11:30 a.m., Exhibitor’s Forum, Hall 2, 2-408
- “Low Power and RF technologies paving the way for the growth of Internet of Things applications,” Wednesday, Feb. 26, 3:30 - 4:00 p.m., Session 16, Wireless Technologies IV, Convention Centre East (NCC Ost).
Silicon Labs is an industry leader in the innovation of high-performance, analog-intensive, mixed-signal ICs. Developed by a world-class engineering team with unsurpassed expertise in mixed-signal design, Silicon Labs’ diverse portfolio of patented semiconductor solutions offers customers significant advantages in performance, size and power consumption. For more information about Silicon Labs, please visit www.silabs.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on Silicon Labs’ current expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For a discussion of factors that could impact Silicon Labs' financial results and cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, please refer to Silicon Laboratories’ filings with the SEC. Silicon Labs disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Note to editors: Silicon Laboratories, Silicon Labs, the “S” symbol, the Silicon Laboratories logo and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Explore Silicon Labs’ diverse product portfolio at www.silabs.com/parametric-search.
Copyright Business Wire 2014