NXP Makes UHF PCB Antenna Design As Easy As 1, 2, 3
New design tool helps electronics manufacturers implement RFID technology
Eindhoven The Netherlands - Electronic equipment manufacturers wanting to embed RFID technology in their products are now able to do so without needing deep UHF antenna design experience thanks to NXP Semiconductors’ new online software tool. The RFID – PCB Antenna Designer tool helps implement antennas on a printed circuit board (PCB) in the UHF frequency range (840-960 MHz).
UHF antenna design is more complex than a typical HF antenna design and needs an expert understanding of the electronic design constraints. With the RFID – PCB Antenna Designer customers can simply input parameters, such as space available on the PCB, target performance, board materials, and target frequency range in the region of application to receive a turnkey UHF antenna design for their specific application. Additionally, the tool offers a comprehensive overview of all the features of the UCODE portfolio, enabling designers to select the right UCODE product for their application.
RFID – PCB Antenna Designer online software tool speeds up RFID implementation in electronics equipment:
- Enables easy UHF antenna design on PCBs
- User friendly interface helps non-RFID experts design high performance antennas
- Customized and application-specific antenna design
Produced with support from leading engineering companies, CST (Computer Simulation Technology) and Transim, the online design tool is available to use now:
- CST develops high performance software for the simulation of electromagnetic fields in all frequency bands
- Transim delivers innovative cloud application engineering solutions for online design support in the electronics industry
The online RFID – PCB Antenna Designer tool currently supports the following packages:
- UCODE I2C in SOT902 package
- UCODE G2iL in SOT886 package
- UCODE G2iM in SOT886 packag
- “For customers wanting the benefits of using RFID technology in their products the challenge of designing a good UHF antenna on their PCB board can often be quite daunting. We are helping customers overcome this hurdle with our latest online offering, the RFID – PCB Antenna Designer tool. Created to ease design problems, the tool delivers a full turnkey UHF antenna solution quickly with an outstanding level of performance,” said Mohammed Chemloul, customer application support (CAS) manager, business unit Identification, NXP Semiconductors.
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. creates solutions that enable secure connections for a smarter world. Building on its expertise in High Performance Mixed Signal electronics, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, identification and mobile industries, and in application areas including wireless infrastructure, lighting, healthcare, industrial, consumer tech and computing. NXP has operations in more than 25 countries, and posted revenue of $4.36B in 2012. Find out more at www.nxp.com.
SOURCE: NXP Semiconductors