Multi-Mode/Multi-Band Power Amplifier Module: SKY77604-11Source: Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
This power amplifier module consists of a GSM800/EGSM900 PA block, a DCS1800/PCS1900 PA block, separate WCDMA blocks for low and high bands, RF input / output ports internally matched to 50 Ω to reduce the number of external components, and a Multi- Function Control (MFC) block. All of this is encapsulated in a 6 mm x 8 mm, 34-pad MCM, Surface-Mounted Technology (SMT) package, resulting in a highly manufacturable and low cost solution.
The SKY77604-11 Multi-Mode/Multi-Band Power Amplifier Module is ideal for applications involving quad-band cellular handsets, multiband 3G handsets, and WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+ modulated handsets (Bands I, II, IV, IX, X, V, VIII).
Full List of Features:
- Hybrid architecture: separate GSM and WCDMA paths
- Separate single-ended GSM and WCDMA outputs, combined single-ended GSM and WCDMA inputs, all AC-coupled
- Multiplexed voltage detector for GMSK, EDGE modes; coupler output for 3G bands provided to transceiver for power control
- Fully programmable serial bus interface
- Final VCC stage for 2.5G/3G can attach to battery or buck DC/DC
- Driver stage for 3G can attach to battery or buck DC/DC
- EGPRS Class 12 multi-slot operation
- Linear power detector
- Linear PA with bias optimization for efficiency/linearity tradeoff in 8-PSK mode
- WCDMA mode supports output power and bandwidth for bands I, II, IV, IX, X, V, VIII
- Coupler output
- Linear balanced with bias optimization and low/high mode gain switch for best efficiency/linearity trade-off
Small, low profile package:
- 6 mm x 8 mm x 0.9 mm
- 34-pin configuration