EnGenius High-Power Wireless AC Access Points Deliver Fast Speeds And Long Range To Maximize Performance Of High-Density Networks
COSTA MESA, CALIF.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
EnGenius Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance, versatile networking and telecommunications solutions for businesses and consumers, today announced the launch of its Wireless AC products with the addition of three new high-power indoor and outdoor access points to their Electron Series of high-performance, mix-and-match networking solutions for businesses.
The new Wireless AC Access Points include:
- EAP1750H 802.11ac 3x3 Dual Band Ceiling Mount Access Point/WDS;
- ECB1750 802.11ac 3x3 Dual Band High-Powered Access Point/Client Bridge;
- ENH1750EXT 802.11ac 3x3 Dual Band Wireless Ruggedized Access Point.
The Wireless AC Access Points deliver a new level of speed and performance for users with 802.11ac laptops and other devices who need to wirelessly stream HD video or transfer large files. The EAP1750H and ECB1750 are ideal, cost-effective solutions for spacious interior environments such as large homes, small and medium-sized businesses, and multiple-floor buildings such as hotels, hospitals, and schools. The ruggedized ENH1750EXT is designed to provide reliable, high-speed connectivity over large outdoor areas, such as school and corporate campuses, hotel recreational areas, restaurant patios, and marinas and campgrounds.
“BYOD initiatives and the rapid adoption of advanced Cloud- and network-based applications is driving a rapid increase in devices on the corporate network and mandating faster network speeds and higher bandwidths to meet the ever-increasing performance demands,” explained Dennis Miller, president of Cierra Digital Communications. “These new EnGenius access points will provide the reliability and performance that will give our customers the ability to stay connected throughout the building to take advantage of the bandwidth-intensive applications that maximize their productivity.”
Key features of the Wireless AC Access Points include:
- Fast Dual-Band Wireless Speeds: Three-stream 802.11ac wireless speeds up to 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band and three-stream 802.11n wireless speeds up to 450 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band support faster file transfers and smoother video streaming.
- Quantum Beam™: Finds the most efficient signal path to AC compatible wireless devices delivering data at nearly 3x faster than Wireless N.
- Band Steering: Shifts Dual Band-capable clients to 5 GHz from the 2.4 GHz band, helping to relieve network congestion and maintain optimal data traffic speeds for all devices.
- Fast Roaming: For clients authenticated to a RADIUS server, Fast Roaming ensures constant connectivity to the network for mobile devices moving throughout the premises.
- Separate Mode Configurations: Each of the new Dual Band access points supports separate mode configurations on each frequency band, such as access point, client bridge or WDS, to support the unique requirements of the deployment.
- SSID-to-VLAN Tagging: Up to eight SSIDs can be broadcast per frequency band allowing each SSID to be tagged to a specified company network VLAN for different user access based upon established access rights.
- Secure Network Configurations: The access points support wireless encryption standards including WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryption and IEEE 802.1X with RADIUS.
- Easy Management: EnGenius’ EZ Controller™ Management Software for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux is available as a free download and allows monitoring, management and sequential firmware upgrades of EnGenius access points that have already been deployed in the network form the convenience of a desk.
“The Wireless AC access points introduce a new level of performance and capacity to our growing line of high-power, long-range wireless networking products, enabling businesses to meet existing and anticipated network demands to support bandwidth-thirsty applications from an increasing number of users,” stated Brian Watt, Product Marketing Manager at EnGenius. “Whether deployed as a complete solution with our growing family of Gigabit PoE+ Switches or simply adding them to an existing network infrastructure, the new AC access points deliver both speed and long-range to provide reliable connectivity for client devices throughout the premises and optimize the performance of applications such as video streaming, VoIP and large file transfers.”
High-Speed Connectivity Optimizes Bandwidth-Intensive Applications in Large, Multi-Story Buildings
The versatile desktop or wall-mountable ECB1750 802.11ac 3x3 Dual Band High-Powered Access Point/Client Bridge can be configured as an access point, client bridge or WDS. A high transmit RF power of up to 29 dBm on both frequency bands, combined with enhanced receive sensitivity, three detachable 5 dBi 2.4 GHz omni-directional antennas and three detachable 5 dBi 5 GHz omni-directional antennas deliver reliable, long range connectivity.
Housed in low-profile smoke detector form factor, the EAP1750H 802.11ac 3x3 Dual Band Ceiling Mount Access Point/WDS can be configured as an access point, client bridge or WDS. The EAP1750H features a high transmit RF power up to 28 dBm on the 2.4 GHz band and up to 26 dBm on the 5 GHz band, and incorporates an enhanced receive sensitivity MIMO integrated sectorized 3D antenna array to deliver long range connectivity.
The EAP1750H is available now at a MSRP of $399. The ECB1750 will be available in the July/August timeframe at a MSRP of $429.
Durable, High-Speed Outdoor Access Point for Reliable Wireless Connectivity over Large Areas
The ENH1750EXT 802.11ac 3x3 Dual Band Wireless Ruggedized Access Point, which can be configured as an access point, Mesh (on 2.4 GHz), or WDS, is enclosed in a water- and dust-proof IP68-rated housing to withstand harsh environmental conditions. Long-range connectivity is delivered through a combination of up to 29 dBm transmit power and a MIMO antenna array comprised of three detachable 5 dBi high-gain omni-directional antennas for the 2.4 GHz band and three detachable 7 dBi high gain omni-directional antennas for the 5 GHz band. The ENH1750EXT, which can be used with the included power injector and power adapter or via a PoE 802.3at capable switch, supports AP Mesh mode on the 2.4 GHz band enabling it to be used as a central connection hub for stations or clients that support IEEE 802.11b/g/n networks.
The ENH1750EXT will be available in July 2014 at an MSRP of $999.
The Wireless AC access points are covered by one-year limited warranties and are available in North America via authorized retailers, distributors and value-added resellers. For more information on EnGenius Technologies and its families of long-range wired and wireless datacom and telecom products visit www.engeniustech.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
About EnGenius Technologies
Established in 1999, EnGenius Technologies, Inc., is a US-based industry expert in wireless communications and radio frequency (RF) technology, delivering feature-rich, long-range wireless communications technology for voice and data. The versatility and performance of the company's solutions lower total cost of ownership, increase productivity and maximize return on investment.
EnGenius’ growing portfolio of networking solutions including Gigabit PoE switches, indoor and outdoor wireless networking products, and IP cameras for business deliver long-range connectivity, robust feature sets and versatility for class-leading performance at affordable price points.
The leader in premise mobility communications, EnGenius’ cordless business telephone systems and portable handsets deliver extremely long-range and reliable connectivity outdoors, throughout multi-story buildings and in complex environments. Whether using the FreeStyl system in an office setting or the durable, scalable DuraFon system in larger, complex environments, EnGenius phone systems enhance productivity and enable mobility throughout business properties.
Copyright Business Wire 2014