Alcatel-Lucent Provides IP-Based Backhaul Solution To Support PEG Bandwidth's Expansion In Under-Served Markets In The US
Infrastructure provider to bridge urban-rural digital divide across ten mid-Atlantic and Northeastern states with IP/MPLS-based mobile backhaul technology to open up ultra-broadband services access
Paris /PRNewswire/ - PEG Bandwidth LLC, a leading provider of customized cell site backhaul and wireless infrastructure solutions in the United States, is expanding its service to 4G LTE operators in less populated and rural areas with the help of Alcatel-Lucent's (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) portfolio of IP/MPLS Mobile Backhaul solutions.
The network expansion will span 1,500 cell sites across ten states and over 6,000 route miles of fiber throughout the Central, Mid-Atlantic and northeastern United States. This will bring the US network of PEG Bandwidth to over 13,000 route miles of fiber that passes 1.5 million buildings and serves more than 2,600 municipalities. In addition to offering Ethernet backhaul services to wireless operators, Alcatel-Lucent's solution will enable PEG Bandwidth to offer high bandwidth Ethernet services to traditional Carriers and Enterprises across its network.
- PEG Bandwidth's new deployments will help wireless operators in ten US states address the digital divide by providing them with carrier-class Ethernet solutions to meet increasing bandwidth demands from subscribers through the use of scalable cell site bandwidth and aggregation capabilities in remote and rural areas
- Alcatel-Lucent will help PEG Bandwidth achieve maximum backhaul performance with proven tools for traffic management and service monitoring to ensure superior quality of experience
- PEG Bandwidth's customers will be able to verify their service level agreements with a web-based, self-service portal for reporting on service up-time and network performance.
- Alcatel-Lucent's Mobile Backhaul solution consists of 7750 Service Router, 7705 Service Aggregation Router, 7210 Service Access Switch and the 5620 Service Aware Manager
- PEG Bandwidth's network extension will include access to 20 additional mobile switching centers and 31 new Points of Presence (POPs) such as data centers, carrier hotels and central offices where service providers can access bandwidth on an as-needed basis
- As The Shift Plan continues to drive Alcatel-Lucent's industrial repositioning as a specialist vendor of IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access solutions, deployments of Mobile Backhaul solutions such as that with PEG Bandwidth underline the importance of offering technology that enables customers to transition to and exploit the benefits of an IP-based network infrastructure.
Rich Ruben, PEG Bandwidth's Chief Executive Officer said: "PEG Bandwidth is dedicated to solving the toughest challenges of our top tier wireless operator customers to serve mobile subscribers in less densely populated areas with 4G technology. The Alcatel-Lucent platform allows PEG Bandwidth to not only offer the Carrier Ethernet services our Wireless Operator customers want and need to efficiently run their networks, PEG Bandwidth is now well positioned to leverage our fiber network to offer high bandwidth Ethernet services to traditional Carriers and Enterprises."
Charles Marsh, President of Alcatel-Lucent's Americas Region said: "For an ever-increasing number of businesses, both small and large, it is essential to have access to ultra-broadband speeds to support the applications necessary to function efficiently. Our Mobile Backhaul technology is enabling PEG Bandwidth to bring high bandwidth services to areas where it has not previously been available and improving the level of network access will have a significant economic impact in the rural markets PEG Bandwidth is addressing."
Read recent articles to learn more about optimizing Mobile Backhaul
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU)
Alcatel-Lucent is at the forefront of global communications, providing products and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprises and institutions throughout the world.
Underpinning Alcatel-Lucent in driving the industrial transformation from voice telephony to high-speed digital delivery of data, video and information is Bell Labs, an integral part of Alcatel-Lucent and one of the world's foremost technology research institutes, responsible for countless breakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry. Alcatel-Lucent innovations have resulted in the company being recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator, as well as being named by MIT Technology Review as amongst 2012's Top 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies". Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for innovation in sustainability, being named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review for making global communications more sustainable, affordable and accessible, all in pursuit of the company's mission to realize the potential of a connected world.
With revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012, Alcatel-Lucent is listed on the Paris and New York stock exchanges (Euronext and NYSE: ALU). The company is incorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent bloghttp://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.
SOURCE: Alcatel-LucentCopyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved