5 GHz WLAN Front-End Module (FEM): SKY65525-11Source: Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
This 5 GHz WLAN Front-End Module (FEM) is highly integrated and ideal for WiFi enabled handsets, tablets, and mobile/portable systems, system-in-package (SIP) modules for embedded systems, and WLAN-enabled wireless video systems.
The SKY65525-11 front-end module incorporates a 5 GHz single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) transmit/receive (T/R) switch, a 5 GHz low-noise amplifier, and a 5 GHz power amplifier. Additional features include:
- Fully-matched input and output
- Integrated positive slope power detector
- Transmit gain: 29 dB
- Receive gain: 11 dB
- Output power: +17.5 dBm @ 3% EVM, 64 QAM 54 Mbps
- Direct connection to battery with 3.6 V nominal supply voltage
- Small, QFN (16-pin, 2.5 x 2.5 mm) package (MSL1, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
An enable/disable function is included that allows power savings during off mode. An integrated power detector with 20 dB of dynamic range is included to provide closed-loop power control within the system. Additional information can be found on the available datasheet.